Taking the California Teacher Of English Learners (CTEL)?
The California Teacher of English Learners (CTEL) exam is organized and administered by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC). The exams are conducted at various Evaluation Systems group of Person computer test centers.
Interested candidates must have the following requirements:
• Candidates must posses a high school diploma, GED or an equivalent
• Candidates must be students who are taking courses for college credit pursuant to a career in education
• Candidates can apply for the exam by filling the online registration forms
• To register via mail, download the registration forms and mail along with necessary documents and payment to:
Pearson P.O. Box 340819
Sacramento, CA 95834-0819
• Telephone registration can be done only during the emergency registration period by calling (916) 928-4002 or (866) 851-3815
Exam Details and Content
• The CTEL exam is made up of 3 subtests
• CTEL 1: Language and Language Development
• CTEL 2: Assessment and Instruction
• CTEL 3: Culture and Inclusion
• More information on exam content can be seen in the exam handbook
• The exam is made up of multiple choice questions with an essay section
• The exam duration is timed at 3 hours 45 minutes
Complete CTEL study guide prepared by a dedicated team of expert researchers. This is your complete CTEL test preparation book!
Effective, affordable help from the most comprehensive test preparation company in the world!
Includes practice tests, study plan, sample questions, test tips and complete review. Available as printed book and Printable PDF Download.
CTEL Study Guide & Practice Tests